[syslinux] tftpd-hpa filename remapping

Jim Flynn JMFlynn at covenantretirement.org
Mon Jan 13 15:34:18 PST 2003

I cannot seem to get the remap-file function of tftpd working right. I can sucessfully place files on the server but the remap feature is not working. I look in the logfile and it has an entry in there for tftpd.

remap: input: startup-config
Jan 13 21:47:50 proxy in.tftpd[25438]: remap: done
Jan 13 21:47:50 proxy in.tftpd[25438]: RRQ from 192.168.0.12 filename startup-config

I think that I don't have the remap_file sytax correct. the following it what I have in there currently.

# This file defines name remapping for incoming router configs
# It will rename the startup-config to the ip address of the Router
# sending the config to the tftpd server
r startup-config/startup

The documentation also mentions being able to use specific replacement patterns. such as using the ip address of the device that is sending the file. Could someone list some examples of how the remap_file should look.
Thanks,

Jim

jmflynn at covenantretirement.org