[syslinux] How to convert jpg into lss format

BM Shukla bms at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Jan 22 18:59:46 PST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Josef Siemes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> BM Shukla <bms at cse.iitk.ac.in> schrieb am 21.01.03 05:40:48:
> > I would like to to know about conversion from jpg file to lss format.
> > I used ppmtolss16. It is giving following errors.
> >
> > for .jpg file:
> > ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> > line 1.
>
> This can't work, convert it to PPM before
>
> > for .png files:
> > ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> > line 1.
> > from .ppm file: ( I converted .jpg file in to .ppm file using irfanview)
> > ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> > line 1.
>
> Perhaps you should get the PBM tools to convert your image. PBM can be 'ascii'
> or 'raw' encoded, and it seems you have it ascii encoded.
>
> And just for the records: make sure you have exported LANG=C, if you are
> using a recent version of Red Hat. See earlier postings for this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Josef
Thank for reply. I am using it on Windows 2000 server. So I would like
to know about Win 2K settings.

> Die vCard -  Ihr neues Kennzeichen  -  bei WEB.DE FreeMail!
> http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021156

 B M Shukla
                               \|///
                             \  ~ ~  //
                              (  @ @  )
BM Shukla              Email: bms at iitk.ac.in
Department of CSE,     Phone: Off: +91-512-597646
IIT Kanpur 208 016.           Resi: +91-512-598474, 591065
India                    Fax: +91-512-590725
                           .oooO     (   )
                             _)