[syslinux] Bootscreen

Raphael Schmid Raphael_Schmid at CUBUS.COM
Thu Jan 30 00:45:48 PST 2003

Hello Mr Anvin,

I'm trying to get my system to show a bootscreen during
the entire boot. Since using Linux's fbdev doesn't quite
work out (kernel segfault) I'd like to just stick with
what Syslinux has put on the screen in the first place
and leave it there.

No unfortunately, even though I've left out the VGA console
from the kernel, the picture still vanishes after shortly
after kernel and initrd have been indicated to be loaded
by Syslinux.

What I'd need to know is: does Syslinux (re)initialize
the screen before handling things over to Linux completely,
or is that Linux itself?

Any help would also be greatly appreciated, since I'm just
beginning to learn C and don't have that much experience
with Assembler either.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Raphael Schmid