[syslinux] Boot Bug

clif clif at eugeneweb.com
Thu Jan 30 11:12:23 PST 2003

Hi I have noticed that some versions of syslinux later than 1.66 fail to
install a working boot block on a CF card in Soekris net4521 board. The
Bios is:
comBIOS ver. 1.05  20020419  Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Soekris Engineering.
The card is a 64M Sandisk and I am useing a version of LEAF called
WISP-dist but I also experianced the same problem with the Bering
distro. Here is my syslinux.cfg:

display syslinux.dpy
timeout 2
default linux rw initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/hda,msdos,/dev/hda,msdos rwfs=/dev/hda2 PKGPATH=/dev/hda
LRP=root,zebra,net-snmp,sshd,netdiag,local
append console=ttyS0,19200

Yes it works with the /dev/hda as the device. I guess a long time ago
(back when 1.66 was still current) I had problems partitining hda so I
just used the raw device.

So without changeing anything if I do something like:

syslinux-1.66 /dev/hda		It works :-)
syslinux-2.00 /dev/hda		It dosn't :-(

By the way I think syslinux is a great app valuable to users of all
levels.

	Thanks for the good work,
	Clif