[syslinux] Command-line TFTP patch?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Jan 31 18:57:49 PST 2003

Martin Jackson wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know at least one person, probably two, have sent me TFTP
>> command-line patches in the past, however, I cannot for my life find
>> either one. Could you resend it, please?  (Also, it would help hugely
>> if you would make sure it includes a manpage.  That has been the main
>> holdup for me including it so far.)
>

> Out of curiosity, would these be patches for usage such as:
>
> tftp [-i] [-v] GET|PUT <file> ?
>
> If not, would you be open to such a patch for the client?

Functional equivalent thereof.  The above would be very easy to do (and
I might just do them myself), but it might be nice to have a separate
lighter-weight client binary.

If I do the above it's probably going to look something like:

tftp -c get hostname:file

... with the -c distinguishing it from the standard command-line parsing.