[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.01 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Jan 31 22:20:49 PST 2003

Hello everyone,

I have released SYSLINUX 2.01.  It's almost identical to 2.01-pre5, but
I figured it was time to get it out the door, especially since I won't
have time to work on it for the next few weeks.

Changes in 2.01:
         * MEMDISK: Fix memory sizing bug when the ramdisk crosses the
           16 MB boundary.
         * MEMDISK: Add a "pause" option to stop immediately before
           booting, to read off the messages.
         * MEMDISK: Support disk images with DOSEMU headers.
         * Update the mkdiskimage script to handle newer mtools
           versions, and be able to generate disk images with DOSEMU
           headers (controlled by the -d option).
         * Fix the COM32 sample program.
         * PXELINUX, ISOLINUX: Fix some COMBOOT API calls.
         * PXELINUX: Doc fix.
         * Build SYSLINUX into a small library for encapsulation into
           other programs (however, please keep in mind this is a GPL'd
           library.)
         * SYSLINUX: Make installer work with "owner" in /etc/fstab.
         * SYSLINUX: Fix issue with working on nonpartitioned hard disk
           devices.  THIS CONFIGURATION IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

As usual, ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/