[syslinux] pxe weirdness

Erwan Velu erwan at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Jul 2 00:05:39 PDT 2003

Le mar 01/07/2003 à 18:51, James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov a écrit :
> Thanks for the response, but the problem is the PXE client is never
> getting to the TFTP server because it has received 2 gateways from the
> DHCP server...
Why do you use a dhcp relay ?
You mmay create a PXE Class in dhcpd.conf

# create the Class PXE
class "PXE" {
# if the "vendor-class-identifier" is set to "PXEClient" in the client
dhcp request
match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient";

# filename define the file retrieve by the client, there pxelinux.0
# our tftp is chrooted so is just the path to the file
# If you prefer use grub, use pxegrub compiled for your ethernet card.
#filename "/PXEClient/pxegrub";
filename "/PXEClient/pxelinux.0";

# Set the  "vendor-class-identifier" field to "PXEClient" in dhcp answer
# if this field is not set the pxe client will ignore the answer !
option vendor-class-identifier "PXEClient";

vendor-option-space PXE;
option PXE.mtftp-ip 0.0.0.0;

# IP of you TFTP server
next-server 192.168.100.37;
}

And then create pool assigned to this class
 pool {
       range 192.168.100.210 192.168.100.212;
       allow members of "PXE";
       deny members of "known";
       deny members of "Etherboot";
    	}
It may helps,
--
Erwan Velu
Linux Cluster Distribution Project Manager