[syslinux] help: booting dos from syslinux/memdisk

Thomas Baumann tom at tiri.li
Wed Jul 2 06:47:27 PDT 2003

Thanks for Remko for his help to solve the fractional cylinder problem.
But there is the second problem, the boot disk failure (see below << [B])

command line: initrd=disk.img harddisk c=2 h=256 s=63 BOOT_IMAGE=memdisk
Disk is hard disk, 16128K CHS=2/256/63                         <<<< [A]

SYSLINUX 2.04
welcome!
boot: 1
[single dot]         ... this seemed to be the problem for cutting my mail!
boot disk failure                                              <<<< [B]
      ### here it hangs.

Question [B]:
It seems syslinux cannot take the correct bootsector from dos.bss
then it hangs and does not boot,  although I have
command.com and ibmbio.com etc. (see ls output).
How can I boot ?

My syslinux.cfg looks like this:
SAY welcome!
PROMPT 1
TIMEOUT 600
DEFAULT 1
LABEL 1
  KERNEL dos.bss

Thanks for your help or hints in advance!!!!

Thomas.

--
Thomas Baumann // Postfach 110115 // D-64216 Darmstadt // <tom at tiri.li>