[syslinux] pxelinux in Asus P55T2P4

Andreas Holzhammer aholzhammer at verio.net
Thu Jul 10 04:12:19 PDT 2003

Hi,

as a new user to pxelinux I'm having trouble booting an Asus P55T2P4
from an Intel Etherexpress Pro card with PXE bootrom.

I'm using pxelinux 2.04 (tried 2.05pre2 as well) with a Redhat 8.0
kernel (2.4.18) and ramdisk image (for pure testing purposes).
The Mainboard I use is a P55T2P4, Rev. 2, newest Bios 0207, 80MB Ram,
PCI VGA card and the EEPro.

dhcp,tftp work fine, pxelinux loads the kernel and the ramdisk image,
but decompression of the kernel crashes the system:
------------------------------
Ready.
Uncompressing Linux...

crc error

-- System halted

I ran memory and cache tests to verify the hardware but could not find
any problems.

Using the same network card in a different system (Pentium 2) works
fine, the kernel loads, decompresses and boots the ramdisk.

Is there anything else I can try (except for dumping the old Pentium 1
system)?

Regards,

Andreas