[syslinux] bzImage size limits?

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 07:24:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

What the the size limit of booting bzImage file with syslinux ?
I have tested different sized bzImage files, and when the files are
small <800K, they work with syslinuz, but at some size larger they fail
to work.

This was the same problem loadlin1.6 had, but loadlin1.6c fixes the
issue, and I can boot bzImage sizes up to 1.5Meg with loadlin, but
syslinux fails.

Can you confirm this problem, and if you have the same problem, can you
maybe look at what changed in loadlin, and include larger boot image
support in syslinux?

Cheers
James