[syslinux] Re: load pxelinux w/o PXE BIOS?

Ludovic Drolez ludovic.drolez at freealter.com
Mon Jun 2 00:57:48 PDT 2003

> I would like to load pxelinux as a second stage bootloader from a machine
> which does not have a PXE BIOS (namely, from a VMware guest machine) in
> order to perform an automated Linux installation. A boot floppy would

You can take a look at the Linbox Backup Server's files.
They have :
- a grub based boot loader with pxe support (revoboot.pxe)
- and an etherboot disk with PXE emulation which works with vmware

I use this daily to boot vmware in diskless mode.
You should read the pdf documentation to see how it works. You can use
the files in the tarballs since nearly everything is under GPL.

http://www.linbox.com
ftp://ftp.linbox.com/pub/lbs

Cheers,

--
Ludovic DROLEZ                                       Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz 2000                  57070 METZ