[syslinux] WinME command.com (Re: Problems with Memdisk 2.04)

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Mon Jun 2 05:00:42 PDT 2003

Hi,

"Jaspreet oberoi" <jaspreetoberoi at hotmail.com> schrieb am 02.06.03 06:27:13:
> Actually i am using Bootscriptor to make multibootable cd's and it is using
> your 2.04 version of syslinux and memdisk..
>
> What my problem is that when i boot any image i.e .img file which has a
> Win98 command.com it works alright but when i try to boot any image with a
> WinME command.com it just hangs on Loading .. then Starting....
>
> It never proceeds further..

Please state exactly what you get on the screen. From what you write above it
could hang at the 'Loading..' or at the 'Starting ...'-prompt.
Also give the syslinux.cfg.

For the problem: Some versions of command.com work, some don't. There's
no general solution to this, and AFAIK noone made the work to try all of
them.

And a general advice: Please don't respond to a thread with a totally
different scope - it just confuses people.

Regards,

Josef
Mit der Grupppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail können Sie eine SMS an alle