[syslinux] pxe & 3c920

Amy Tanner atanner at ahpcrc.org
Tue Jun 3 12:52:55 PDT 2003

I'm trying to use PXE to boot & install RedHat boxes.  I have it working
with one NIC card, but am having problems with a Dell Precision
Workstation 530.  According to the specs the card is as follows:

integrated 3C920-based 10/100 3Com® Ethernet controller with Remote Wake
Up capabilities (3C905C-TX compatible)

The problem with this particular machine/NIC is that it's getting ARP
Timeouts when it starts the TFTP.  tcpdump shows an arp request looking
for the gateway, but no reply.

Some background info:

Server:
ISC dhcp 3.0pl1
tftp-server 0.28 (ships with RH 7.3)

The client machine I'm trying to boot is on a different subnet.  The
cisco router is relaying dhcp to the above machine.

I can successfully boot different hardware with the same configuration
on this same subnet.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas?  Thanks.
--
Amy Tanner
AHPCRC
atanner at ahpcrc.org