[syslinux] RE: pxe & 3c920

Andreas Kneiseler Andreas.Kneiseler at aumav.verwalt-berlin.de
Tue Jun 3 23:04:31 PDT 2003

Hi,

I think the problem you have, is just normal.
As far as I know of is, that DHCP-Requests which are send out
on 255.255.255.255 are not routed on any router.

Please take a look, if you have a possibility to tell the Router
that he has to route DHCP and Bootp-Requests, on some router
you can adjust this inside the Configurations.

It's just the same problem with NetBios that isn't routed also.
The other way would be, install a Linux BOX inside your subnet where
the Boot-PC is connected and install a DHCP-RELAY on SuSE x.x you will
find such a utility. What the RELAY should do is take the request and
forward it the way
your router will understand and route those packages.

If you can't find this package for your Linux Distribution take a look at:

http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/

There you should find the Software you need, except you need to compile this
stuff,
and it's a good way to update your DHCP-Server also !!!

Greetz from Berlin
Andreas Kneiseler
Netzwerk-Management & Security
AUMAV (Automatisiertes Mahnverfahren)