[syslinux] FW: How do I emulate a harddrive instead of a floppy?

Jay Winks Jay.Winks at teksouth.com
Wed Jun 4 08:07:38 PDT 2003

OK, I'm really showing my inexperience now, but...

The syslinux FAQ states that a DOS-compatible HDD MBR is distributed (I assume that is MBR.BIN) with the package. So how do I then make an image file for use with pxelinux that emulates HDD? Up until now I have only been successful in modifying images made by someone else (I have been using a modified version of Unattended from SourceForge and its boot images) and I don't know what they used. I'd rather find out more about creating these bootable images myself. Any links or spoon-feeding? I am familiar with making an image of an existing floppy, but I do not know how to emulate different boot sectors. Any links or spoon-feeding?

Thanks.
Jay Winks