[syslinux] Problem trying to chainload Intel pxe boot loader

Wout Mertens wmertens at cisco.com
Wed Jun 4 13:04:07 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to use pxelinux to start Linux and optionally other things,
maintained by windows folks. They use the Intel pxe boot loader, bstrap.0,
and when I load it with a "kernel bstrap.0" statement, it fails.

The reason it fails is because it can't find the !PXE data area. I guess
it doesn't get the correct pointer or something along those lines.

Do you think it would be easy to preserve the structure and pass it on to
other pxe loaders?

Thanks!

Wout.