[syslinux] FW: How do I emulate a harddrive instead of a flop py?

Jay Winks Jay.Winks at teksouth.com
Wed Jun 4 22:18:52 PDT 2003

OK, seem to have answered my own question... I think. We'll see how it works out. Basically I should've been asking for some help in the dosemu forums because that's where I needed the help. I think I get it now....

mkdiskimage whatever size you need
Set up dosemu to boot the precise DOS flavor you want from mounted folder
also mount the image as secondary HDD
fdisk, format, sys, etc the img.
move image to tftp server
get back to work

Is that it? Feel kinda stupid...it seems so obvious when done that way now. Sorry if I wasted anybody's time. Sounds like this is stuff everybody else knows.

BTW -- WTF have I done wrong in my email prog to make my lines not wrap? It's annoying as hell to me and I know what I wrote so it has to be painful for you guys...

Jay Winks