[syslinux] [patch] ./configure problem on Solaris with Sun's CC

Mike Bristow mike at urgle.com
Tue Jun 10 08:40:12 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 04:42:22PM +0100, Mike Bristow wrote:
> cc: Warning: illegal option -fno-strict-aliasing
> ld: fatal: file ../lib/libxtra.a: open failed: No such file or directory
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> Because, of course, libxtra doesn't exist yet.
>
> (The illegal option warning is annoying in the build logs, but
> harmless and easily ignorable).

Actually, I lied when I said that the illegal option warning
wasn't a problem.  I don't know how I missed it; I can only presume it
was configure cunningly caching the answer so some tests didn't get
run.  But:

configure:8619: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o conftest  -fast -g -xs -v -xstrconst -xdepend         -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plusa -xprefetch -fast -g -xs -v -xstrconst -xdepend         -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plusa -xprefetch -D_XPG4_2 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_ISO9X_SOURCE -D_OSF_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing  -I/opt/THUSlibtool/include  -xildoff -xildoff -xildoff -xildoff conftest.c -lsocket   >&5
ld: fatal: entry point symbol `-fno-strict-aliasing' is undefined

Given that all of the flags added with PA_ADD_CFLAGS are rather
gcc-specific, is it worth wrapping the lot in a test on GCC?

--
Good night little fishey-wishes....  I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.