[syslinux] Trouble getting DISPLAY to work with isolinux 2.04

David Lee leedm777 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:47:08 PDT 2003

I'm trying to display a picture on a bootable CD that I'm working on.  I
tried isolinux-debug.bin, and the printouts we not very helpful.  I see
'isolinux: Configuration file opened...', and then it displays the text from
my display file (but not the image).  Here's the strange thing, syslinux
displays the image just fine.

I take the appropriate files from the CD, copy them to a floppy disk, rename
isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg, and run syslinux on it.  Boot from the floppy,
and the image shows up just fine.  Boot from the CD, no image.

My config file and display text file are below.

Any help?

dave
<><

# isolinux.cfg
display tscale.txt
default tscale

label tscale
  kernel bzImage
  append root=/dev/ram0 initrd=initrd.img init=/linuxrc
# end isolinux.cfg

# tscale.txt - the ^X is really the control character
^Xlogo.rle
Welcome to the Teracruz Demo CD.  Please wait while the TeraScale kernel is
loaded.  This could take a few minutes...
# end tscale.txt

Also in the root directory of the CD are logo.rle, bzImage, initrd.img and
isolinux.bin.  There are no subdirectories on the CD.