[syslinux] PXELINUX keeppxe mem footprint

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 20 14:03:43 PDT 2003

"Moore, Patrick J" <patrick.moore at imperial.ac.uk> writes:

> My question is - do I really need both the UNDI layer and PXE stack
> to stay resident for this UNDIS3C to function or could I get away
> with just keeping the UNDI layer?

I believe you need both, because UNDI is built on PXE.

However, my unattended installation system uses exactly this approach
(pxelinux + memdisk + MSCLIENT + winnt.exe), and it works fine.  It
supports both 2k and XP installs:

    http://unattended.sourceforge.net/

If nothing else, you can try comparing my boot disk to your own.  (Or
see if mine works for you; if not, I would like to hear about it.)

 - Pat