[syslinux] Password protection

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Jun 24 05:02:42 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:47:41PM +0200, Wout Mertens wrote:
> grub has it, but grub doesn't have PXE, and I think it is entirely
> non-trivial to get it to work with PXE. But their implementation is very
> nice.

   "GRUB provides two second stage images, `nbgrub' and `pxegrub' (*note
Images::). Those images are the same as the normal Stage 2, except that
they set up a network automatically, and try to load a configuration
file from the network, if specified. The usage is very simple: If the
machine has a PXE ROM, use `pxegrub'. If the machine has a NBI loader
such as Etherboot, use `nbgrub'"

Regards,
Luciano Rocha