[syslinux] Problems with eepro100 or BroadCom NetXtreme and syslinux 2.04

Holger Baust holger.baust at freenet-ag.de
Thu Jun 26 12:58:19 PDT 2003

Hi all!

We use pxelinux for booting a diskless Linux from whitch we install all
our systems.

But we discovered some Problems:
- With v1.75 the Kernel is fetched from the TFTP-Server with no problem,
  but it gets not started on Broadcom NetXtreme with newer PXE-Bioses
- With v2.04, pxelinux even seems not to be able to fetch the kernel
  from the TFTP-Server. This affects also Intel's eepro100 cards
- With pxelinux of syslinux 2.02 we have no problems.

Setup used for booting:
- DHCPd 3.0.x
- tftp-hpa

Systems affected:
- Compaq Proliant DL360G1, DL360G2, DL380G2
- IBM xSeries x335
- Fujitsu Siemens Computer Primergy RX300

Is there any hint you can give me for resolving the problem or getting
more Infos?

  Regards,
       Holger Baust

Holger Baust                                Holger.Baust at freenet-ag.de
freenet.de AG                                  Tel.: +49 211 53087 0
WillstaetterStr. 13, D-40549 Duesseldorf       Fax.: +49 211 53087 500
Vorstand: Eckhard Spoerr (Vors.), Axel Krieger     Amtsgericht Hamburg
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Helmut Thoma      HRB 74048