[syslinux] multiboot iso images

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Sat Jun 28 15:29:48 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 03:01:09PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Ibrahim Salim Omari wrote:
> >can anyone help me? i've pretty much mastered making multiboot floppy
> >image cd's. what i really need now is a way to choose between multiple cd
> >iso images. for instance. i want to burn a dvd or cd that will give me a
> >menu of iso images that i can run. so if i want to choose between knoppix,
> >smoothwall, netbox, partition magic, etc., i should be able to. only prob
> >is that i can't figure it out.
> >any suggestions?
>
> Doesn't work that way.

No, but it isn't hard to do what he wants.

I made a bootable DVD that either boots Knoppix, or installs RedHat 9 or
Mandrake 9.1. Knoppix was the easy part, for redhat and mandrake I had
to change the stage1 loader in order to have them in sub-directories.

But for smoothwall, partition magic and others, as they fit in single
floppy images (although some may need images of 2.44 MB), it isn't even
required an iso per application.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha