[syslinux] pxe weirdness

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Mon Jun 30 14:07:05 PDT 2003

I know that this is not a pxelinux/syslinux question (yet), but I am
having a weird issue with a HP ML370.

It is using HP UNDI PXE 2.1 (build 082) v 3.1.15

I successfully get an IP address from my DHCP server, but the machine
fails when it attempts to make it's TFTP connection with:

"PXE-E32 - TFTP Open timeout"

It never gets the pxelinux.0 file.

The odd thing I noticed was that where the PXE rom shows the DHCP address
it fetched, for the gateway, it has two values:

The first value is the IP of my DHCP-relay server, the second is the
correct value.

I'm not sure why my DHCP-relay server is being put in the gateway section,
it is not included anywhere in the dhcpd.conf file as a router.  I think
this is the root of my problems.  I have machines that boot PXE fine that
do not need the DHCP relay, so there doesn't appear to be a
misconfiguration with the dhcp/pxe side of things.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394