[syslinux] Netbooting memtest86

Michael Robinson michael at ns1.robinson-west.com
Fri Mar 7 18:05:24 PST 2003

I've been trying to figure out how to netboot memtest86 since terminals don't
have local drives and I don't want to have to fish for disks with the memtest
program on them for my machines that do.  I'm in an etherboot environment
where I can't figure out how to create a network tagged image of memtest86.
Evidently I can use pxe somehow to allow me to start the memtest.bin file
directly without tagging it?  The program I am trying to support is from
http://www.memtest86.com.

I would like to netboot other diagnostics such as chipset diagnostics and
the like if I can find them.

I've successfully tagged a dos image, windows sys disk, tom's root boot
image, and I have an ltsp boot option for an X terminal.

     --  Michael C. Robinson