[syslinux] booting from usb memory pen

Huw Davies Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Fri Mar 14 05:15:58 PST 2003

At 12:09 PM 13/03/2003 -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>Török Péter wrote:
>>is it possible with syslinux?
>>(I can't figure out the .cfg parameters to do it...)
>
>If your BIOS can do it, SYSLINUX can do it assuming you have a FAT16
>filesystem on the USB pen.

I can certainly confirm this. I have a mini-itx system that boots off a
128MB USB key. The next stage in the project is to add various custom tools
and I'll have a nice wireless mp3 player to put downstairs with the rest of
the Hi-Fi gear with the Linux mp3 file server sitting up here in the study.
Assuming work doesn't interfere, this should all be working by the end of
the weekend.

Huw Davies           | e-mail: Huw.Davies at kerberos.davies.net.au
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"