[syslinux] mkisofs bug ?

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Fri Mar 21 02:28:40 PST 2003

Hi,

toma daniel <toma_daniel2k at yahoo.com> schrieb am 21.03.03 08:31:58:
> Can anyone help please because when I use a filename
> or directoryname wich contains the space character it
> whon't let run/access it. I think this is a bug in mkisofs.

This is _no_ _bug_ in mkisofs. mkisofs generates an image with the
iso9660 filesystem. Learn what iso9660 supports, and what not.
Especially spaces in filenames aren't supported in iso9660 filesystems.
(Maybe there are some exceptions, but I'm not aware of these.)

Perhaps you should ask somewhere else, since this list is about syslinux
in general and isolinux especially, and not about mkisofs.

Regards,

Josef