[syslinux] syslinux 440D error

Rui Melo rui.melo at portal-do-mar.com
Fri Mar 21 04:05:51 PST 2003

Hi All,

I've seen some posts with this topic but I couldn't solve my problem with
them:

I'm installing a Bearing distribution into the HD and need to syslinux the
harddisk.

I've tried to boot from a dos floppy and run "syslinux c:" with the 2.02
version and although I made a fresh new partition, called fdisk /MBR, used
the "lock c:" and tried without the lock, I allways get a 440D error.

I've tried to boot from the bearing linux floppy and run the command but
all I can get is a "segmentation fault".

I've tried booting with the "rescue02" floppy disk and although I try
running the command all I can get is a "command not found" (even if I copy
the file to the /root dir, chmod it to 777 and call it with ./syslinux

I'm completely in the dark...
Can anybody help me, maybe suggesting a rescue distribution that worked for
you..

Thanks in advance,

   Rui