[syslinux] pxelinux kernel 2.4.20 nfs server is not asked

Sascha Wüstemann sascha at killerhippy.de
Thu Mar 27 13:41:54 PST 2003

intel etherexpress pro 100 nics at my lan, server with tftp, nfsserver
and pxelinux running for about half a year at my lan.

Hi,

When I use a kernel v.2.4.20 the pxe boot loads the pxefiles, kernel and
then stops asking for files from the server and complains about a
"Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up." and messages about to
insert a disk...
... the same .config used with kernelsources 2.4.19 boots fine without
problems (getting root fs over nfs).

I have searched about the origin, weather it is the kernel 2.4.20 or the
syslinux version I use, but couldn't solve it.

Can you provide me with information concerning this problem?

cheers,
Sascha
--
GNU Linux | The chief cause of problems is solutions.
2.4.20-xf |