[syslinux] pxelinux and SMP kernel strangeness...

ckovacs at cox.net ckovacs at cox.net
Thu May 1 13:05:15 PDT 2003

I'm not sure if this is a PXELINUX issue or not. If it's not I
appologize. I've been setting up a mixed remote boot, local
data disk environment and have most of it working. The problem
is that when the machine hp/compaq dl360 boots, only one cpu
seems to be active as reported by /proc/cpuinfo. However, the
same machine when booted to a locally installed kernel (same
kernel) recognizes both cpus just fine.

I am using ...
syslinux-2.00-4 from RH9
kernel 2.4.29-6smp also from RH9