[syslinux] [ANNOUNCE] syslinux for win2k/winxp

Lars Munch lars at segv.dk
Tue May 20 09:34:36 PDT 2003

Hi

I have ported syslinux to win2k/winxp. It is attached.  It has been
tested with floppies and flashcards, but not on harddisks.

On harddisks I'm not sure if I should use \\.\PHYSICALDRIVEX or \\.\X:
as arguments to CreateFile (I'm no windows wiz) and I do not currently
have a system to test this on.

The program can be compiled using mingw or in cygwin using the option
-mno-cygwin (NOTE nasm on cygwin does not seem to generate a correct
ldlinux.bin so this should be done on Linux). The program also compiles
nicely using a Linux/mingw cross compiler.

I had to include most of syslxmod.c into my port since libsyslinux.a did
not compile due to all the header-files syslxmod.c includes (and not
seems
to need).

Comments are welcome.

Enjoy

-- Lars Munch

-------------- next part --------------
# Makefile for syslinux for windows
#
# Created by Lars Munch
# lars at segv.dk

# Linux -> Win2k cross compilation
CC      = i586-mingw32msvc-gcc

# Cygwin (using mingw) compilation
#CC	= gcc -mno-cygwin

CFLAGS  = -O2 -Wall -DPATCH_OFFSET=`cat patch.offset`
LIBS    =
OBJS    = bootsect_bin.o ldlinux_bin.o syslinux-mingw.c

all: syslinux.exe

syslinux.exe: $(OBJS)
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) -o syslinux.exe

clean: