[syslinux] m$windows guy needs pxedisk/memdisk help

David Meltzer david at deltanetco.com
Fri May 23 15:26:21 PDT 2003

hello and thanks for reading this,
i am doing a volunteer project for a school in harlem,ny.
they have had donated 30 nics computers from thinknic.com.
it can pxe boot. it had a cdrom and it has no hard drive.

i am looking for ways to boot windows98 on these machines.
i read on some site that memdisk can be used on legacy os.

before i spend days testing it out, is it possible to boot windows98 instead of linux.
any advice,
i have a long weekend and would love to launch something in my vmware virtual machine is use as a
test machine.

why windows:
1. the school deals with handicapped students using some custom program that only runs on windows.
2. i am learning more about linux all the time and i am willing to use any solution that is free for
the school.]
3. the idea of having the source code even though i will never recompile it,is cool. i am computer
programmer.
4. thinknic.com no longer makes the product and they will not support it. i cannot even find out who
makes the motherboard so i can upgrade the bios.
5. i know mswindows real well.
6. want to integrate linux, step by step into my tool kit.

thanks,
dave