[syslinux] boot failing with large cd's?

John Ogness jogness at antivir.de
Wed May 28 06:31:32 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am not sure if this is an isolinux problem or an mkisofs problem. I
have been using isolinux for a year now without any problems. This week,
it began to fail. The only difference is that the CD has a few more
files on it than before (1026 files, 327 MB).

mkisofs was creating the image alphabetically, and the isolinux
directory was at the very end. I then tried using the -sort parameter
with mkisofs to have the isolinux directory at the beginning of the CD
and it worked!

I am not sure what type of information would be helpful here. I looked
through isolinux.asm to see if perhaps isolinux was unable to search far
enough in the directory listing to find my isolinux directory. However,
my assembly skills are too limited.

I used syslinux 2.04 and mkisofs 2.0. I also tried it with syslinux 1.72
and mkisofs 1.1 with the same results. With -sort works, without -sort
does not work.

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to check or if there
is any specific information you need from me. The only "special"
parameters I use are "-R -J" with mkisofs.

John Ogness

--
Software Engineer
H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH