[syslinux] append or concat for dhcp-parameter-request-list

Andy Wray awray at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 22 11:56:35 PST 2003

I'm confused...

A few months back I was playing with sending information to pxelinux by forcing the dhcp server to send certain options.  I couldn't get the syntax:

append dhcp-parameter-request-list 208,209,210,211;

to work, but I was able to get

option dhcp-parameter-request-list = concat(option dhcp-parameter-request-list,d0,d1,d2,d3);

to work.  This was with 3.0.1pl9.

Now with v3.0pl2 (the latest ebuild available for gentoo) and v3.0pl1 (on Red Hat 9), the append syntax works and the concat syntax does not.

Which is the correct way to do this?

Thanks,

--Andy