[syslinux] Boot Failed: please change disks...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Oct 7 15:41:31 PDT 2003

fetak at comcast.net wrote:
> Well, you might be surprised that what I am doing works on RedHat 8.0 which was another Linux distribution I had to try out.
>
> Having trouble on a SuSe distribution makes me wonder if that is SuSe related problem.

It's not.  It's pure random chance... whatever NBP you're using sticks
the disk image in high memory, and if you're lucky it won't get
overwritten during boot; if you're unlucky it will.

Note you can use PXELINUX as an NBP just fine with 'doze PXE server.

	-hpa

P.S. Please don't send me off-list replies unless they contain
confidential information.