[syslinux] Important feature missing: Floppy booting from 2 disks

Dr. Michael Weller eowmob at exp-math.uni-essen.de
Tue Oct 14 08:27:47 PDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Another way to deal with this stuff is to load a very small initrd which
> requests the second floppy and loads it.  The small initrd only needs to
> contain a single binary, which can be compiled and linked against klibc
> for very small size.
>
> If so, I would recommend loading the second floppy into a ramfs/tmpfs
> instead of a ramdisk, especially since ramdisk support will probably be
> discontinued in Linux 2.8.

Thanks for your answers, I'll check the old thread. I thought about
doesn't work in my specific situation since this won't use the bios, so I
can't boot from an remotely emulated disk.

Well, seems I'll have to live with the current hacks for a while then.

Regards,
Michael.

--

Michael Weller: eowmob at exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob at ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,