[syslinux] SysLinux GPL license violation

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Mon Oct 20 00:50:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

Ivo Palli <ivo at palli.nl> schrieb am 19.10.03 03:40:46:
> As I could not find a direct maintainer email address, I'm sending this
> to the mailing list.
>
> SysLinux, being a GPL product, is being sold under a very restrictive
> license without even offering the sources to the public.
>
> I've written up my findings here: http://www.palli.nl/~ivo/rdp/

Haven't even looked at your page, but you're completely wrong. Download the
package, and you'll find a lot of '*.asm' files. No C code included, since syslinux
is written in assembler, and there are also readme's that point out which tools
to use to get your binary.

So please look into the package before complaining.

Regards,

Josef