[syslinux] PXELINUX and PowerSave Mode ...

Martin G. Rathmayer rathmayer at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 28 06:32:41 PST 2003

Josef Siemes wrote:

> Take the second approach, use 'default powersave' and 'timeout 6000' (for 10 minutes
> timeout), and 'label l' for your operating system. This would mean your users
> should type 'l <enter>' for starting the system, otherwise your 'label powersave' would
> be loaded. Maybe you could also present some meaningful message to the user for
> doing this.

We have tried this, but our students are be used to press only return.
We can not change this behaviour. So it would be better for us to add
a feature 'timeoutlabel' or something similar.

Regards,
MGR
MARTIN G. RATHMAYER                    mailto:rathmayer at zid.tuwien.ac.at
IT Services (ZID)                      http://www.zid.tuwien.ac.at
Vienna University of Technology        Phone: +43-1 58801-42086
Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10, A-1040 Vienna  Fax:   +43-1 58801-42099