[syslinux] (no subject)

Petro petro at corp.vendio.com
Tue Oct 28 17:08:12 PST 2003

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:53:56PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Petro wrote:
> > Is this the right place to ask questions about PXE and booting linux via
> > PXE?
> At least as long as you're using PXELINUX to do it...

    Hmmm...

    Well, it's the default c... that comes with Redhat 9, and syslinux
    2.00 is installed.

    I'm running /usr/sbin/pxe and the (apparently unsupported) mtftpd
    server (why does Redhat do this silly sh**?).

    I suspect my problem is before I even get to that point though. When
    I'm trying to get a machine to boot I get this in my logs:

    PXE[2723]: PxeService: WinSock error 0x58 on UDP recvfrom() on Port 67

    Any ideas? Or do I need to rip out all this Redhat stuff and start
    over with the right software?

--
Petro at corp.vendio.com                           ccpetro at vtext.com [sms]
Unix Administrator                           2766480 at skytel.com [pager]