[syslinux] troubles with PXE APIS

Roderick ASSELINEAU rdasselineau at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 1 05:14:16 PDT 2003

Hi everybody,

	I'm a french student employed to develop the boot loader of some
commercial kernel (real time one). Since the goal is to have a universal
x86 netboot I had to use PXE apis.

	However I have troubles using them. Since our kernel is not GPL based I
can't just patch syslinux for our purpose. I tryed to make a very simple
netboot loader using intel doc but I was not able to make work
TFTP_READ_FILE correctly.

	I know that my trouble is not directly linked to syslinux but I hope
that people involved in the code could help me. My API call should be ok
but I couln't find in any docs the answers to this elementary question :

	* Since the DHCP/TFTP boot (using bios) is ok and seems to use PXE can
I directly use TFTP_OPEN_FILE API ? I supposed reading your source code
that exchange of packets before kernel downloading was just to fill some
structure's fields. I used static parameters do I need such
implementations ? I try to make the netbootloader as small as possible.

	Thanks by advance and sorry for my lame english :-(.

Roderick

--
Roderick ASSELINEAU <rdasselineau at yahoo.fr>