[syslinux] HP EVO 530 hang

Mikey Sklar sklarm at screwdecaf.cx
Tue Sep 2 08:36:31 PDT 2003

I'm using syslinux 2.05 on a HP EVO 530 desktop. The system is hanging
on my PXE boot attempts, as well as my isolinux bootable CDROM I made.
I've used these PXE images on many other Dell/HP/IBM systems, but
the first time I've seen tried this model.

This appears to be related to syslinux and BIOS negotiation on this
machine. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. The system
actually hardhangs when trying to boot either from via pxe or CDROM. I
have however been able to use RedHat isolinux RH9 based media to boot
from. The BIOS HPs v0.11 that comes with this box.