[syslinux] [option] SERIAL 0 ??

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Mon Sep 8 09:00:25 PDT 2003

Hello Family,

In creating an iso to boot the headless/cardless server, I've
got isolinux to boot the system OK but still can't get the
output to export to /dev/ttyS0

I've got a test script that pipes a "Hello World" to /dev/ttyS0
which show up fine on the other Linux box so I know that tunnel
is intact.

Here is the contents of my "isolinux.cfg" file that is booting
Slackware-9.0 right now with no problem.

================
SERIAL 0
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND root=/dev/hda1
================

[off_topic]

I actually tried redirecting the boot with /etc/lilo.conf and
that worked until a certain point and the booting dmesg stops
on the remote minicom terminal but continues on the main
Slackware box, not sure if Minicom has a buffer limitation or
something.

I've booted Solaris via the serial terminal and minicom has not
puked on me in the middle of the boot.

--
Bill Schoolcraft