[syslinux] Re: Network Boot IP Configuration Dilemma

stanley.smith at rlx.com stanley.smith at rlx.com
Tue Sep 9 12:02:10 PDT 2003

Peter,

We tested the mod and found a problem.  The value of 2
is never stored in the IPAppend variable due to the logic
when reading ipappend from the config file.  The problem
is in parseconfig.inc:57 where you use the following
instructions to set the value of bl which is ultimately
stored in the IPAppend variable.

    and bx,bx
    setnz bl

The 'setnz' causes the value of IPAppend to always be 1.

Stan Smith