[syslinux] Re: SYSLINUX Memdisk problem

Softlib softlib at turbolinux.com.cn
Sun Sep 14 05:05:27 PDT 2003

Hello,

There is the detailed message:

MEMDISK 2.07 ....
E820: ....

Ramdisk at 0x1ff10000, lenth 0x0000bb79
Moving compressed data from 0x1ff10000 to 0x 1fdcc400
gzip image: decompressed addr 0x1fdd8000, len 0x00168000: failed
Decompression error: ran out of input data
ran out of input data

Why?

srzc> Hello,

srzc>   I meet a problem on one of my machine, please see attached picture.
srzc>   I use isolinux to load memdisk.
srzc>   The configuration of the machine is:
srzc>   P4 2.0G, 512MB memory, Intel 845E motherboard, DVD-ROM and a SCSI CDWriter.
srzc>   Compressed images does NOT boot. Uncompressed image boot ok.

srzc>   However, this bootable CD works on my another machine, it is a PIII733
srzc>   machine, with IWILL BP100Plus board. Both compressed and uncompressed
srzc>   images boot ok.

srzc> --
srzc> Best regards,
srzc>  Softlib                          mailto:softlib at turbolinux.com.cn