[syslinux] Memdisk Decompression problems...

Jaspreet oberoi jaspreetoberoi at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:03:15 PDT 2003

Hi.. Well i too am having the same memdisk decompression error that states
"ran out of input data" since the first when memdisk started supporting
booting compressed images !!!

I posted this several times but alwsys cudlnt understand whatthe admins want
(like what inof they need to debug the problem)...

I even offered to send screenshots of the screen but it was refused !!!

The images run fine on older hardware.. but fail to run on latest 845 and so
on boards....
Also the problem is quite often seen on ASUS and Intel (orignal)
motherboards !!.

My config is INTEL 845-GEBV2 Motherboard, Intel 2.4GHZ , DDR 333 512 RAM,
DVD-rom, IDE writer !!

PLEASE help.. as this problem is right from the start..

Bye,
Jaspreet Oberoi