[syslinux] Re: SYSLINUX Digest, Vol 6, Issue 16

softlib softlib at turbolinux.com.cn
Sat Sep 20 00:59:48 PDT 2003

Hello,

  Yeah. I use a intel original motherboard too (I845EBG2), Intel P4-2.0G
  DDR 256MB * 2 (DDR266).
  At first time, i have sent a little photo to show this problem, but
  it be cut out.

>> MEMDISK 2.07 ....
>> E820: ....
>>
>> Ramdisk at 0x1ff10000, lenth 0x0000bb79
>> Moving compressed data from 0x1ff10000 to 0x 1fdcc400
>> gzip image: decompressed addr 0x1fdd8000, len 0x00168000: failed
>> Decompression error: ran out of input data
>> ran out of input data
the "..." part of message is just some hex number, I think it is
not important. And it is defined in program.

Please try to load a compressed image under a Intel 845 chipset
original motherboard, such as I845EBG2 or so on.
Or, provide me a email address which could receive picture.

--
Best regards,
 softlib                            mailto:softlib at turbolinux.com.cn

srzc> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

srzc> Message: 1
srzc> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:03:15 +0000
srzc> From: "Jaspreet oberoi" <jaspreetoberoi at hotmail.com>
srzc> Subject: [syslinux] Memdisk Decompression problems...
srzc> To: syslinux at zytor.com
srzc> Message-ID: <Law11-F102LTOZtSPGG00057970 at hotmail.com>
srzc> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed

srzc> Hi.. Well i too am having the same memdisk decompression error that states
srzc> "ran out of input data" since the first when memdisk started supporting
srzc> booting compressed images !!!

srzc> I posted this several times but alwsys cudlnt understand whatthe admins want
srzc> (like what inof they need to debug the problem)...

srzc> I even offered to send screenshots of the screen but it was refused !!!

srzc> The images run fine on older hardware.. but fail to run on latest 845 and so
srzc> on boards....
srzc> Also the problem is quite often seen on ASUS and Intel (orignal)
srzc> motherboards !!.

srzc> My config is INTEL 845-GEBV2 Motherboard, Intel 2.4GHZ , DDR 333 512 RAM,
srzc> DVD-rom, IDE writer !!

srzc> PLEASE help.. as this problem is right from the start..

srzc> Bye,
srzc> Jaspreet Oberoi