[syslinux] PXElinux NFS booting issue

Manuel Tuthill manuel at lidimus.com
Mon Sep 29 15:09:19 PDT 2003

Hi,

I know this isn't the right list for this but I figured that at least you
guy's have done some similar things.

After messing about with PXElinux, I'm only a hairs breath away from
finishing. My problem comes from program files that the Kernel boots to, so
init=/sbin/init or init=/bin/bash. If I boot to bash the console of the
remote PC just dies right after the section "Freeing unused kernel space
xxKb" and if I do an init I get the init not found error. After digging
around it points to being a library dependence issues. I rebuilt statically
rebuilt init. to see if this was my problem but I still get the same errors
(haven't yet tried rebuilding Bash statically, will do tomorrow). So has
anyone come across this issue before, as I've been working on it for a few
days now and nothing seems to be moving me forward.

I'd think it was an NFS issue but I can mount and start init from my servers
root filesystem on the workstation. (yes I know it's a bad idea).

Thanks for any help.

Manuel

---