[syslinux] MEMDISK without floppy drive is fixed in 2.07

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 30 13:14:42 PDT 2003

I apologize for the long delay in testing this.  I can only reproduce
the problem on fancy new laptops, and those do not stay in my hands
for very long.

As you may recall, certain floppyless laptops have a BIOS bug which
prevented them from working with MEMDISK.  Around a month ago, Robert
Wruck contributed workaround patches, and hpa included a modified
version of them in 2.07-pre1.

He asked for testing, and that was the last message on the thread that
I saw.

I have just now confirmed that a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop exhibits
the problem with 2.06 but not with 2.07-pre5.  So the fix/workaround
looks good.  Thank you, Robert and Peter!

 - Pat