[syslinux] Comboot menu crashes when it goes off screen

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 5 10:19:28 PDT 2004

It is possible to do that easily (almost trivial change).

But the question is whether it should be done. In your menupos_handler,
you get the menulevel as a parameter. So in your case (4 menu's arch ->
mboard -> vendor -> revision) each of the menu's will come with a
different value of menulevel (0=arch, 1=mboard, 2=vendor, 3=revision).
So you should be able to decide the position based on that.

Actually I did think about it for some time, whether I should give the
exact menu also as a parameter. I decided that the general look and feel
of the system should only depend on the parent menu's position, the
selected item and level of submenu. In particular it should not depend
on the actual submenu chosen. But I am open for arguments as to why I
should let it depend on the actual menu in question.

- Murali