[syslinux] memdisk : booting OpenBSD and NetBSD

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 5 15:31:05 PDT 2004

I had a similar problem (with OpenBSD). In my case, I couldn't even get
to the boot prompt.

My current work around (as suggested by somebody), is to tell ISOLinux
to boot the image use BIOS emulation.

i.e. "kernel floppy34.img" in your isolinux.cfg file or "floppy34.img"
on the boot prompt. This solves the problem.
However if your machine has an older BIOS (and hence probably buggy)
then this may not help.

- Murali